Friday, April 10, 2015

Recipie review: ATK Lemon loaf

I had a craving for pound cake. A nice, cake like loaf with lemon and blueberries. I had not yet tried the Lemon pound cake recipe from "America's Test Kitchen, How can it be gluten free" cookbook.
I decided to use some of my frozen blueberry supply to make a lemon loaf.

The batter was a little thin, so the berries sank to the bottom.
At the designated time, the loaf was a little doughy, so I turned the temp down a little and left it in another 10 min.
The finished loaf was rather dense, and crusty. A little hard to eat. It was dry and doughy at the same time.
Not what I was hoping for, in a lemon loaf.
I ate about a third, and then put the rest in the freezer. Perhaps it will make a nice French toast, or cake pop...

No comments:

Post a Comment