Monday, February 2, 2015

Thanks giving Loaf, Gluten free

I got ground turkey, in bulk, and I remember my mother making a turkey loaf, years ago, instead of a turkey for thanks giving. And Right now I'm trying to work on simpler meal plans. So after searching the internet, I came up with this fun dish:

Thanksgiving Turkey loaf, with Special cranberry sauce.

The Loaf:
1C Gluten free Bread (Crumbs)
1 Carrot (grated)
1/2 onion (grated)
1/4 apple (grated)
1 egg
2 TB milk
A little Rosemary, sage, salt and pepper
     (I put all this whole in the food processer, and pulsed until combined, but grating would work too)
1.5 lbs Ground turkey.
Mix that up good and press into a 9X5 loaf pan.

The Sauce
1 can Whole berry cranberry sauce
1/2 onion (grated)
1/4 apple (grated)
2 TB apple cider vinegar
Salt, pepper,
-Mix up good, and smear half of it over the loaf.

Bake at 375 for 25 min.

Then serve with the other half of the Berry sauce.




No comments:

Post a Comment