Friday, October 10, 2014

Cupboard cookies, Gluten free bar cookies

I pulled out my Grandmother's Bar cookie recipe, and thought I would try modifying it.
I call them Cupboard cookies, because she would put in whatever nuts and chocolate she happened to have. I took the idea one step further, and used a variety of flours I happened to have in the cupboard.

3/4 C butter
3/4 C Sugar
3/4 C brown Sugar
-Creamed.
-Then add to
 1/2 tsp Vanilla
3 eggs
-Beat well
-In a separate bowl, wish together:
1/2 C Tapioca flour
1/2 C Sorgum Flour
1/2 C Sweet rice
1/2 C Potato starch
1/2 C Oat flour
1 C Brown rice flour
1/4 C Coco powder
1  tsp. Salt
1  tsp. Baking soda
1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
-Mix dry and wet.
-Stir in
1/2 C Peanut butter chips
1/2 C toffee bits
1  C Dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup Minnie Chocolate chips
1/2 C Walnuts, chopped
1/4 C Pecans, chopped
-Line a 9X13 with Parchment paper
-Bake at 350 for 20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment