Monday, July 2, 2012

Make your own Cloth diapers

I am inspired to publish a multi part tutorial for making your own cloth diapers.
I'm doing it, so it can't possibly be that hard.

Cotton Babies is an EXCELLENT source for cloth diapering info. Their Blog answers most questions. But only you know what will work for you.

But for my purposes cloth diapers comes down to three variables;
How it assembles and how it stays on.

Style 1_ Basic cover/wrap. Single layer that hold moisture, goes over the thing doing the absorbing
Style 2_ Stufer/pocket. Two layers that you can stuff the absorbing cloth between
Style 3_ ALLinONE. Multiple layers that absorb and hold, that are pre-assembled.
Opt _1 Snaps Closure
Opt _2 "hook and loop" Closure
Opt _3 "S hook" Closure

 So to give you an idea:
Diaper 1.1 would be a basic cover, with snaps. Econo Bums brand is this style
Diaper 3.2 would be an ALLinONE with hook and loop closure. bumGenius brand is this style.

I will also tell you about the "brands" of cloth diapers that I have experienced. Not all of which are official, or even still exist :) Each has pro and con, and people dedicated to each.

Some people go for one style at night and another during the day, and a third for travel.. My hubby said he wanted me to stick with ONE style so that he did not have to think too hard when changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment