Saturday, August 6, 2011

Chocolate cake Recipe and observations

In four of my Gluten free cookbooks I have a recipe for chocolate cake that uses no "flour"
All four of the versions are basically the same.
So here is a compilation recipe:
.5 Cup cocoa
.5 Cup boiling water
1 Cup cornstarch
1.5 Cup potato starch
4.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 Cup sugar
2 eggs
.5 Cup oil
2.5 tsp gum (x or guar)
1 Cup vanilla soy milk
-All the recipes agree that you must mix well.
Mix coco with water. Then Mix everything else in.

So, I made some cupcakes with the recipe.
The batter rose nicly, but the end result was: Sadly disappointed.
The cupcakes are dry, dense, porous, and not tasty.

SO I made a batch from of my favorite brownie recipe* and pored that into the cupcake papers.

*May 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment