Tuesday, July 26, 2011

GF Cereal

I have been eating several variates of cereal for years without then being certifies gluten free.
Over a decade ago, then I was first diagnosed, I called all the manufacturers and got actually ingredient lists that divulged the "modified food starch" and "natural flavoring" so I have loved my Chex,  and Cocoa Pebbles for years, with no problem.
Now that boxes say "Gluten Free" in big letters right on them!
Plus now the pre-made "treats" are GF too!
Woo Hoo!
Hope that does not drive the price up!

I Have also done my own research and was told by manufacturers that the following cereals do not contain Gluten, but can not grantee the contaminating factor. So my cereal cupboard contains:
Chex, Rice, corn Cinnamon, hunny nut
General Mills’ Dora the Explorer
Trix,
Corn pops,
Coco puffs
Malt-o-Meal Dino Bites
Cocoa Pebbles

I got a coupons in the mail for Rice crispies, which we avoid due to the dreaded molt flavoring, and they are going GF!! And made from BROWN rice.
GO figure.
I'm getting more Normal every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment